Monday, March 3, 2008

Winter, Winter, GO AWAY!

So, we enjoyed a beautiful, warm(er) weekend full of sunshine and all things glorious (like melting snow). I was so hopeful that Spring was just around the corner. I awoke this morning to the pitter patter of rain and purple glow through my blinds, a perfect indication of a thunder storm, which would have to mean warmer weather.

Well, don't get too excited for us yet. As many of you have heard (some through my complaining, and some of you more "infomred" ones, through the news perhaps) we have had the WORST winter in several years. (Eric is of course convinced Michigan is rejecting us). Anyway, with the warmer temps and melting snow, I was wure there would be no more winter. Then, Terri DeBoer, the crappy weather lady, tells us that "later today, the rain will turn to snow, with dropping temperatures into the 20s overnight. It will continue to snow throughout the week and we won't see temps out of the 20s on Friday."

So, there go my dreams, shot down by the lady with the fake blonde hair...it is so depressing to think that it will be winter forever! We say this horrible winter will just make us appreciate Spring even more, but will we really ever see Spring?? I am starting to doubt....

4 comments:

Kevin and Rachel said...

Hmmm... what I failed to mention (out of compassion) on the phone today is that we've been enjoying temperatures in the 70's and 80's over the past week. It's been gloriously sunny, and today I actually put some shorts on! Sorry girl, I really don't mean to rub it in, but I think Eric may be on to something. Perhaps Arizona misses you!

Carrie said...

Want to come back?

Kristin said...

Ann, don't worry..the lady with fake blond hair was talking about mid-40's for next week. YEAH!

Carrie said...

When do you find out what Baby M is?????