Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Kicking Machine

So...I just had to share. Baby ??? is becoming much more active as the days progress. And, I really think he's hearing the conversations that I'm having and responding! Today I was talking with a co-worker about how her children kicked her in the ribs something horrible, and I was commenting on how my son, ever so gracious, has not even thought of kicking me in that most uncomfortable location! Well, wouldn't you know, but about three hours later, thump, thump, thump, right behind my left rib cage!! Little stinker :)

It's so fun to feel him move, and really my favorite part is when he repositions and I can feel his little back, or behind, or head pressed up against my belly, it is really the most phenomenal thing! I am thoroughly enjoying this time of being one with my child and feel him grow inside me, it is a blessing and I wish it on every woman who hopes to experience it.

I will share a few gripes however...nosebleeds...eew! How annoying...and they just keep happening, and always in the middle of the night, the most inconvenient time ever...boo! And this heavy feeling, like there is a bag of sand strapped to my midsection (luckily this weight is much more rewarding!) And finally, if one more person says "You're how far along?? Goodness, you are small!" I think I will scream. Eric wanted to know if the alternative "Hey fatty" would be better, but still, it's all annoying in it's own right.

Anyway, enough complaining. Really, I would live through those little annoyances time and time again to bring wonderful life into this world. I can't believe Eric and I are really going to be parents. I find myself drifting off wondering what this little guy will do, and who he will really be, and it brings tears to my eyes. And then I hear Eric on the phone, tell a friend "It's been cool seeing my niece and nephew be born, but it's like no other baby has ever been born before. It's amazing." and I thank God for a wonderful husband and a beautiful family on the horizon.

6 comments:

Carrie said...

Trust me ... you'll like "you're small" much better than "Hey fatty!" Speaking from experience on that one :)

Where are the nursery pics??? And now Baby M only has 3 ??? ... hmmm ... Ian???

Eric, Ann and... said...

The nursery pics will come this weekend or early next week...we had a little paint mishap, which required a new gallon of paint and another weekend of painting :( So, we just got carpet, and then have to move in the rest of the furniture.
Ah, the ?'s, I did that just for you!!

Kevin and Rachel said...

I agree with Carrie! It's much better to get comments about how small you are rather than, "Wow, you're BIG! You get BIGGER every time I see you!" which is what I've been treated to more often than I'd like.

Hey, I have a fun game for you to do with ???. I've gotten my first little "interaction" with Isaac recently. When I feel him pushing against the wall of my tummy, I'll push back... and if I wait a second, he'll kick me! It's really fun... although Kevin told me to stop because Isaac needs his space. ;) I do it sometimes anyway.

Rachel

bodaat said...

Wow. I can't wait to feel little kicks inside of my tummy!!

Eric, Ann and... said...

Rachel it's so funny...I try to push our little guy around, particularly because Eric is too impatient to wait for spontaneous movement...and he gets so mad at me. "You're gonna poke him in the eye!!" Boys....

Anonymous said...

Hayden doesn't like it when I use him a a place to rest my clipboard when writing up treatment plans! It really gets him moving. He's a spastic mover. Cameron just rolled around and pushed his feet out my side.