Saturday, January 17, 2009

Garage Pop

One of the joys of a Michigan winter (yes, there are some joys), is garage pop. Those of our warm weather friends may be thinking, "Garage pop? Has she lost her mind? What in the heck is 'garage pop'?" Well, it is when it is cold enough that you can leave your soda/pop in the garage instead of taking up space it the fridge. The wonder of it is that it starts to get all slushy and tastes oh so delicious...and is frozen going down!


Well, we learned today that when the temperatures reach a sub-zero level, garage pop is not so glorious. We came home to find this....(well, I would show you, but Eric already threw it away), so we came home to find a busted open can of Diet Mountain Dew. Then, I slowly looked to the right to the HUGE 36 pack of Diet Pepsi I had just bought at Costco and was sure that there were casualites there as well. Luckily...we only had two gonners....but the rest are slushy and cold ready to drink!




And yes, I am just going to post three and a half months after my last post and pretend like nothing has happened!

2 comments:

bodaat said...

Yey, you're back!! Have never heard of garage pop but I love the idea. Very similar to being able to cook an egg on the pavement in a Phx summer. :)

Kevin and Rachel said...

Oh my! Sounds tasty! Glad that whole case of soda didn't blow - that would have been a bummer... or a party if you grabbed the spoons. :)

R