Tuesday, August 12, 2008

A Growing Belly

Let me start by saying I apologize that it has been SO long since I have posted any pictures of my belly. I wrote this post like 3 1/2 weeks ago, and just never added the pictures, so I added more to it today and am finally posting it. Sorry I've been so negligent!

So, I've reached the Point of No Return. That's right, people are finally saying "Wow, you look like you could pop at any moment" and "You've got how long left?!" There is no more "You're so tiny", and I have to say, Eric's right, that was much nicer than the newest comments. Don't people realize there is an actual human growing in there??? They get bigger, they need room, they can't stay "tiny" forever!! Give me a break...Anyway, I haven't posted any pictures in while, and so here are a couple:



Here I am at 33 weeks and 2 days. Today the baby was moving a ton, which is so fun. No more kicking really, just squirms and rolls. One day last week I'm sure he was itching his little bottom on my belly...it was so funny! Watching my belly move is my new favorite hobby!



34 weeks...dressed for court, where attorneys are notoriously honest, which doesn't really fit the profile, since in the court room they can be so scandelous! One attorney told me she couldn't believe I was still around, and one told me I hadn't gained an ounce. Gotta love the difference in opinion...people are so weird!



35 weeks and 3 days, no story.



Here is a picture taken today at 37 weeks. This morning was a catastrophy and a moment when I was wishing I would no longer be pregnant. I am at the point of boiling most days, so I am having trouble finding short sleeve shirts that still cover my ever protruding belly! But my poor husband tried to give me a hug while I was feeling depressed, and I told him, "No! A hug won't help right now." And being the sweet man that he is, when I got home I was greeted by flowers. What an amazing husband he is and father he will be! We saw the doctor today as well, and unfortunately no news, but she will "check" again next week, and hopefully there will be more encouragement!

Along with my growing belly, I've also been fortunate enough to experience the growing love and support of my family and friends for Eric, myself and baby Ranger. My mom has tickets to come for a few weeks in September and help us out, my best friends Autumn and Lindsay are coming all the way across the company to meet Ranger in October, and my sister called me this week and will be coming to stay with us for the month of September. I feel so blessed to be loved by so many, and am so happy that Ranger will get to experience and feel all this love from the moment he arrives!

3 comments:

bodaat said...

You're gorgeous sister!! I hope to look as beautiful as you when I'm pregnant.

Carrie said...

Can I come too? I want to meet him! And ... can you send me that Linsday's phone number. I have emailed her a zillion times and would love to get back in contact with her :)

Kevin and Rachel said...

You look GREAT, Ann! And I too am so glad that you will have so many to take care of you and help you with Baby Ranger. Trust me when I say, you will need it. I know for sure I couldn't have gotten through this past week without the tender loving care of Kevin and my dear Mom.

I have one piece of advice for you - no matter how hard it is to do, you MUST let them wait on you hand and foot. I know you'll have to fight the urge to get back to your "normal" self right away, but seriously, take the opportunity to rest and recuperate. You won't get it back when they are all gone! :)

Rachel