Wednesday, August 27, 2008

We are proud to announce....

Josiah David Maring! Josiah was born last night at 7:13pm and weighed in at 7 lbs. 12 oz. and was 20 1/2" long. He is perfect and wonderful and we are enjoying the addition to our family immensely! Please enjoy the pictures that we have and we will continue to update them for you as regularly as possible.

As for me, I'm doing pretty well. The C-Section went very smoothly, although we got to a late start becuase the doctor had another delivery. The anesthesiologist was fantastic, and did a phenomenal job. We had a wonderful nurse assigned to us in triage, who upon seeing my anxiety and nerves, promptly asked if she could lead us in a word of prayer, which was much appreciated. By the time we were ready to go into surgery, her shift was over, but because I was so tense not having Eric with me (he can't be in there during prep), she stayed with me, held my hand and helped me to breathe through my anxiety. Then, since it was almost time for the big arrival, she decided to stay and see him, then made sure to tell me how wonderful he was while Eric was busy observing the working nurses.

Neither Eric nor I have slept more than 20 minutes in the past 24 hours, so we are very tired, but other than that doing pretty well. I have some soreness at the incision site. Hopefuly tonight the cathader and IV will be removed.

We are all doing well! Here are a few pictures. There will be much more to follow!




5 comments:

Kristin said...

Congratulations, Ann and Eric!

Carrie said...

Yeah! Glad he's here! You'll feel MUCH better after the remove all the equipment! At least I did! He's SUPER cute!

Lucas and Marianne said...

Congratulations! You all look great and what a beautiful addition to the family. I understand c-sections. Just take it slow and you'll being feeling better with each passing day. Enjoy the moment you're in. It's such a blessed time.

Kevin and Rachel said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! We are so excited for you both. We praise the Lord for keeping you safe and for delivering a healthy Josiah to you. He's perfect!

These next days are going to be a blur, but the best joy you'll ever know. It's indescribable! You are all in our prayers, and we love you!

Rachel & Kevin

P.S. Josiah is a perfect name!!

bodaat said...

Love the name - it's beautiful and one of my favorites! I can't tell you how happy I am for you and Eric. Such wonderful news. Thank you for posting so fast, for Eric's email and for the pictures. So many presents! I'm wishing you all the best for this week and also wishing you REST!