Well, let me start by saying that I have the most fantastic husband in all the world. You can try to dispute me on this fact, but you won't win. He definitely wins an award and has proven to me over and over again through the past several days why I love him and chose to spend the rest of my life with him. He has been an amazingly supportive husband and a phenomenal father to our little Josiah.
This recovery process has been a bit challenging. I have shared with some of you that I can't even do the most basic things that you would expect to do for your new child, like change a diaper, pick him up when he's crying, or in this case, feed him myself. I have had quite a bit of pain at my incision site, so getting up quickly and responding to a needy baby has been so hard, luckily I have a husband who is quick to jump in and deal with the task himself, or bring Josiah to me for comforting. I have had lots of problems with breastfeeding, and while we are still attempting it, I can't do it without Eric. It's a long story, and too many details for this space, but if you'd like to know more...just ask...I'd be happy to terrify all you mom's of the future with my lovely story :)
Anyway, last night was our first night home and was really hard. I took some pain meds late lat night and suffered a pretty nasty reaction in the form of uncontrollable shaking from my legs to my chest. I couldn't even hold the baby to feed him, and was pretty sure we were going to end up back at the hospital. It was a rough night, but I am feeling better now and looking forward to "freshening up", and never taking Darvocet again! So, please, pray for me over these next few days...for my strength, courage, and ability to rely on my husband who is so willing to help (which is harder for me than I'd like to admit).
We love you guys and can't wait to share some more pictures with you soon.
Saturday, August 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
7 comments:
Sending you my love. You'll get through this patch, I promise.
Ann: please let me know if there is anything at all that I can do to help! We don't live too far and I could get someone to watch the twins.
I promise ... the first 2 weeks after a c-section is the worst. PROMISE ... promise! You will have a hard time getting up and down for a bit longer than that but the pain does go away. You are doing great ... keep letting Eric help you ... and keep getting rest. It's the best thing for your recovery!!!
the first two WEEKS?? That doesn't seem very comforting! I'm just looking forward to having these staples out then hoping I will feel less squeemish!
Oh ... I didn't have staples. I just had tape?? Well, this is coming from a girl whose first child broke her tailbone and I couldn't walk for 12 weeks ... so 2 weeks seemed like a breeze! It does get better ... just keep taking pain medication (something that doesn't react weird with you) and you'll feel MUCH better!
I love you Ann, and we are certainly praying for you every night! Having just come through my own tough recovery, I totally feel your pain and know how hard it can be! Why did no one prepare us for this?? I know it doesn't seem like much consolation while you are going through it, but you WILL make it through. The end WILL come. And you WILL be yourself again. One of the hardest parts is being patient with yourself, I know. Eric is an awesome husband, and I know what you mean about it being more difficult than you thought it would be to let him help so much, but it's times like these that you need him the most and realize how much you really love him. "Through sickness and through health, good times and bad" right? I am sure that he takes much joy in being able to be that support and help to you during this time.
These next couple of weeks are going to be the most challenging of your life, no doubt. But with the Lord, you will make it! A passage that really encouraged me over the last weeks has been Philippians 4:4-13. You CAN do all things through Him who gives you strength. Rely on that.
Love you friend!!!
Rachel
We are praying for you guys! Congrats on the birth of Josiah and let me know if there is anything I can do to help you out!!
Brandi
Post a Comment